Thursday, March 12, 2009

Will Winter ever end?

The weather has been getting warmer lately so naturally the garden planning has started along with thoughts of nature walks, biking, bonfires and bbqs. When I got up this morning there was something akin to blizzard outside! We had gotten a couple of inches and continued to snow on and off all day. It all a part of living out this way I guess. So, to help us to forget about the outside I baked a dozen vanilla agave cupcakes and some basic chocolate cupcakes with a bowl of chocolate buttercream frosting for the both of them. For dinner I decided on pizza. Actually, it was going to happen because Hell's Kitchen is on and we're an old married couple that has weird routines. It's going to be fairly basic so that I can same some of the ingredients for either a mini lasagne or eggplant "parm" in the next day or so. We decided on spinach, onions, crumbled tempeh and our version of ricotta(block of tofu, 1/4c or so nutritional yeast, 1TBSP vegenaise, 1 1/2 TBSP Celtic sea salt, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1 1/2 tsp garlic podwer, 1 TBSP olive oil, and a splash of soy milk. Blend well in processor.-The measurements are an estimate since I usually only measure when I bake!)

No comments: