Saturday, August 21, 2010

still warm

I just can't seem to get enough yellow squash:brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and freshed cracked pepper and grilled. Oh, grilled corn as well. Both are coming in abundance from the inlaws' garden. Did I mention that Dawn talked me into buying a half gas half wood grill? It's been pretty sweet. Tonight we are eating perogies that Dawn made with potatoes and onions from our garden. We bought some organic apple sauce and Tofurkey Keilbasa to go with it. We're not much for the fake meats, but I just felt like it. I did a 45 mile bike ride this morning to train for the AIDS Ride next month. For the first time, I rode down the mountain. It was fun, but had to walk part way up 3 hours later. Surprisingly, it only took me 1 hour and 17 minutes to get to work on a bike, but it was rough! Thankfully I have a road bike. I do miss living in an area where I can ride the fixie every where. sigh

No comments: