Monday, February 15, 2010

Day one

Today is the first day of the first official vacation I've ever taken. Woke up before 6am as usual, but that's fine. I'm not really one for sleeping in, because it makes me feel like I've wasted part of the day. We've decided not to go anywhere and just get the house organized, getting rid of things we haven't used in a long time. We've pulled out the seeds that we want to plant this year and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring. Hopefully the seeds still have life in them as they are leftover from last year and we aren't experienced is storage techniques. Live and learn, live and learn. This Winter has been quite mild compared to last year. For us anyway, Philly and D.C. got absolutely hammered, effectively shutting down the government for a week. There's still time for us too get some of that snow, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. It's becoming more apparent that we are going to need an AWD car or truck living up here. Last week I had trouble again getting up the "mountain" and had to drive 12 miles around the other side and still had a little trouble. I'm still getting used to living like this.

No comments: